This is why I decided to create guided tours based on female leading figures in Paris.
Traditional guided tours often talk about great men, like Napoleon or Louis XIV, but great women are often neglected, except for their negative sides.
This is one of the reasons why we decided to create women-focused tours.
Check the following sections, for more gender-balanced tours :
Several links related to famous French women
- 10 women who changed French History
- Who are the five influential women honoured in Paris’s Panthéon ?
- How many of these famous French women have your heard of ?
- Women in the French Revolution : from the Salons to the streets.
- Marie-Antoinette, château de Versailles.
- Some great French female writers to discover.
- Josephine Baker and the chateau des Milandes.
My favorite women-focused tours
Join me on one of my favourite tours about women. Go back in time to put yourself in the shoes of Parisian women during the French Revolution.
Learn much more about Marie-Antoinette following her steps at Versailles palace, the Petit Trianon and the Queen’s hamlet. Then continue the journey in Paris to admire her furniture at the Louvre, to see where she lived and died and where she was eventually buried.
Or visit in the outskirts of Paris, la Malmaison the splendid house where Napoleon and Josephine resided during the Consulate.